The points are:
1. recounting in the constituencies of alleged rigging,
2. earliest possible completion of the task assigned to the Supreme Court commission to probe into rigging,
3. reconstitution of the Election Commission this being a national demand,
4. The Parliamentary Commission for electoral reforms should present its recommendations before the parliament within three months. All party heads should give guide line to the committee, holding of elections on proportionate representation to check parties blackmailing.
5. The change of the government should be only in accordance with the procedure laid down in the constitution as any extra constitutional method would be disastrous for all concerned.
The JI chief announced the formulae at a news conference after a meeting with the senior JI leaders including JI Secretary General Liaqat Baloch, JI deputy chief Hafiz Muhammad Idrees, JI Punjab chief Dr Syed Waseem Akhtar.
Siraj ul Haq congratulated the nation on having a peaceful Independence Day, and said that all the apprehensions of a blood long march had died out. He thanked political and religious parties and the media for encouraging the JI leadership in its efforts for rapprochement between the two sides.
The JI chief said that long march and peaceful protest was the lawful right of the opposition, therefore, the government should not adopt unlawful method to crush protest. He said that political confrontation could only lead to a tragedy and violent protest ran counter to democratic norms and human rights.
He said it was matter of great satisfaction that the government had removed the containers from roads and the long march started peacefully, which was a good omen. He said that Imran Khan and Shah Mahmud Qureshi rang him this morning and gave an assurance that the march would be peaceful.
He said that the JI would try till the last moment that the long march did not turn into Double March.