Pakistan was stopped through rigging in last year’s election. A new Pakistan cannot come into existence through rigged elections,he added.
Addressing a big ,big rally at D-Chowk to protest against rigging in elections 2013 , chairman PTI Imran Khan said that the purpose of today’s rally was to make people accountable for rigging in the previous elections.He said that rigging threatens democracy, and only free and fair elections can strengthen democracy.He offered recounting and verification of votes in any
constituency of KPK and said rulers should show same gesture for the strengthening of democracy in Pakistan .
Imran Khan asked whether people who come into power through fake mandate become pious later.
Imran Khan vowed to work together with all political parties for the improvement of the system. He announced that Tsunami will next hit
Faisalabad on May 23. He further announced that his party will now hold protests outside election commission office every Friday and that his party’s Tsunami is ‘unstoppable’.
Imran Khan enlisted the much anticipated demands from the government while Summing up his speech.
– First demand was the reformation of Election Commission.
– The second demand talked about biometric verification of voters identities in four constituencies.
– His third demand is to bring all perpetrators guilty of rigging or abetting of election rigging.
– Fourth demand is to make all Returning Officers (ROs) accountable to
election commission for future elections.
– Fifth demand is to hold hearing of post-election appeals within 120 days of the filing.
– Sixth demand is to introduce electronic and biometric voting systems eliminating the chances of rigging.
– Seventh demand is to bar all caretakers from holding any public office at least for two years. He demanded to deploy impartial caretakers instead of those who inflicted ’35 punctures’ and became Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman.- The eighth demand is the allowance of right to vote to overseas Pakistanis in light of Supreme Court’s decision.
– As ninth demand, PTI invited all political parties to work together and jointly produce a comprehensive election reform package.