Lahore : The Anti-Corruption Tribunal held its preliminary hearing today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore and the following were in attendance:
- Jus. ® Asghar Haider (Chairman)
- Lt. Gen. ® Tauqir Zia (Member)
- Mr. Wasim Bari (Member)
- Mr. Khalid Latif, along with Badar Alam Advocate
- Mr. Salman Naseer, GM Legal Affairs PCB and Haider Ali Khan Advocate for PCB
- Col. ® Mohammad Azam Khan, Head of PCB’s Vigilance and Security Department
Khalid Latif has been charged with breaches of Articles 2.1.1; 2.1.2; 2.1.3, 2.1.4; 2.4.4; and 2.4.5 of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code for Participants 2015.
The Tribunal in consultation with both parties agreed upon the procedure and timelines to be adopted under the Anti-Corruption Code. PCB shall submit its opening brief detailing its claims along with the evidence to be relied on by 14th April 2017.
Khalid Latif shall be provided an opportunity to respond by 5th May 2017 and PCB may, at its discretion, file a rebuttal by 10th May 2017. The Final Hearing shall commence from 19h May 2017 on a day to day basis.
Since under the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code the proceedings are meant to be kept confidential, no comments will be made by any party or the Tribunal on the merits of the case.