Lahore: Secretary General, Jamaat e Islami, Liaqat Baloch, has said that the military operation in North Waziristan had been started under persistent US pressure and the country would have to suffer heavily for that in the form of terrorist activities.
In a statement here on Thursday, he said that from the very first day when Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif announced for dialogue with the Taliban, hurdles were created on the way and finally the peace talks had been sabotaged. He said that at the end, the government would have to return to talks in search of peace.
Commenting on Indian Prime Minister-elect Narendera Modi’s invitation to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to his oath taking ceremony, Liaqat Baloch said that the Premier should first invite Modi to this country and proceed to India only after the Indian leader accepted his invitation.
Liaqat Baloch condemned large scale transfers and demotions of police officers in Karachi and said the Sindh government had removed the officers busy in operation against terrorists and criminals. He said the MQM had achieved its goal of joining the Sindh government as its strategy had always been to perpetrate terrorism and tyranny under the umbrella of the government. He said if the security personnel busy in action against criminals were removed, peace could never be restored in the port city.