Islamabad: The prime minister of Pakistan Raja Pervaiz Ashraf addressed the nation today with a farewell speech.
In the speech, the PM said that they have taken bold steps in order to resolve energy crisis in Pakistan which would help Pakistan’s economy to grow faster. He also talked about PPP’s devotion to establish strong democratic state.
Speech overview / Key points:
- The speech began with the national anthem of Pakistan
- Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf started his speech by thanking the whole nation for their continued support for democracy
- In this farewell speech, he also congratulated the nation of successful completion of 5 years of the assembly
- He thanked Pakistan People’s Party for electing him as the prime minister of Pakistan
- He also talked about the history of democracy in Pakistan and explained how all ex prime minsters were unable to continue their governments due to martial laws.
- He said that the decision of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto case was a wrong decision and injustice
- In his farewell speech, he criticized the assassination of Muhterma Benazir Bhutto
- He also focused that if they come in government again then they would arrest the killers of Muhterma Benazir Bhutto
- In his speech, he accepted that how the government failed to govern Pakistan properly, he said that the major reason were the problems caused by the Musharraf government.
- The prime minister of Pakistan appreciated the president of Pakistan for appointing first women as the speaker of assembly
- He also thanked and appreciated the president of Pakistan for handing over his powers to the parliament of Pakistan
- He said that in the history of Pakistan for the first time any government appointed the opposition leader in the assembly as the head of Public accounts committee.
- Mr Ashraf said that his government were accountable by the public accounts committee.
Please watch video below for full speech and share your opinion by commenting on our Facebook comment section below.